The FOSSBilling Forum

Full Version: Recurring payments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting to grips with everything FossBiling has to offer, very impressed so far. 

I've set up my web design packges which come with a one off upfront charge, plus an onoping hosting fee.

The checkout process seems to capture the initial payment but doesn't create a subscription with the payment processor (Stripe). So customers will be invoiced for renewal but currently have no way of setting up an automatic payment.

Is this correct?
(10-09-2024, 12:17 AM)lloydmedley Wrote: [ -> ]Getting to grips with everything FossBiling has to offer, very impressed so far. 

I've set up my web design packges which come with a one off upfront charge, plus an onoping hosting fee.

The checkout process seems to capture the initial payment but doesn't create a subscription with the payment processor (Stripe). So customers will be invoiced for renewal but currently have no way of setting up an automatic payment.

Is this correct?

Hi, I just wanted to mention that billing software generally does not create Stripe subscriptions.   Paypal transactions create subscriptions because paypal is not "credit card like".   Meaning, Paypal doesn't give you (the vendor) the option to charge at will and at any amount.   Stripe is "credit card like" where you can initiate payments as you would if you stored the credit card locally. 

All stripe sales receive a customer ID and credit card fingerprint.   With that customerID and credit card fingerprint you can charge at will any future invoices.   This is how WHMCS does it and the fingerprint and customer ID are stored in the database (hashed).  You can also view the customer ID and fingerprint on the Stripe website.  

I'm just installing FOSS Billing now and I'm most interested in the Stripe integration and found your message.   After install, I'll report back as to how/if FOSS stores this information and how future billing is accomplished.