The release train rumbles ever onwards, and yesterday we released version 0.4.3 of FOSSBilling.
Despite the minor version bump, this release includes quite a few quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
Important: If you are using
sendgrid as your email transport, please make sure you read the full changelog to verify you won't have any issues with this update.
Most noteworthy changes:
- FOSSBilling will now attempt to auto-detect the correct locale using a browser's
- We have migrated to using
symfony/mailer for handling emails. This should provide a more reliable and easier to maintain email experience, however you may have some minor issues if you are using
sendgrid as your email transport.
- We've significantly cleaned up the
admin_default CSS, cutting the file size in half. Some pages have also been rewritten.
- Many improvements to translatable strings in FOSSBilling fixing quite a lot of poor grammar and lowering the overall word count by roughly 700 words.
- 10 bug fixes and some quality of life improvements.
We highly recommend reading the full release notes, which are available here: https://github.com/FOSSBilling/FOSSBilling/releases/tag/0.4.3
As always, please be sure to create a backup before updating and with this release we do specifically recommend performing a test email after updating. We don't anticipate many people having issues, but we did change how we send emails and it's critical that is working correctly for everyone.
If you do find any issues or bugs please report them on Github, and for any other questions you can post in this forum or on Discord.